Yesterday, I was listening to the “Social Media Bootcamp” course on CreativeLive.com (@creativelive), when Ariel Hyatt explained two things that resonated in my head…it will take easily 18 months to grow an audience online, but more so, what is “your” story. For me, I write about it here and there, but need to more. Here is strictly what is happening today.
This morning, I had an appointment with my cardiologist for my coronary artery disease and mechanical heart valve and as usual, I was at least 20 plus years younger than any other patient. Knowing my challenges, I suddenly received the lab results on my phone for my cholesterol and other related numbers. NOT GOOD!
AS I waited for the doctor, I took a quick accounting of myself (just a sample of what ran through my head)..
- I am exercising moderately, including walking, weights and stretching (including #yoga).
- I am generally eating low to no fats, low to no cholesterol, little to no meats, and little processed foods
- I am drinking primarily water, fresh lemonade (with stevia), coffee (with unsweetened almond milk) or tea (with Stevia. There is some wine and beer in there, which is limited to 2-4 drinks weekly
Being a #diabetic and living with #diabetes is a daily thing. With me, it is a constant thing due to the added issues with the #heart and circulatory system (the #aorticvalve and three #arteries were replaced last year).
Okay, after feeling like a two year old who just stole some cookies, and not even speaking with my primary doctor who manages my diabetes, it was apparent that I needed to trash everything and REBOOT!
My A1C was trending around 6.0 and shot up three months ago to 8.7. I get the next test done Thursday, but due to the other labs, like the number on the #triglycerides, I am sure that I have blown it…we will see.
So, with the reboot, here are immediate key changes…
- Get rid of bananas and white potatoes, reduce tomato intake…yup, that specific
- Lower pasta of all types…brown rice worked, but is now an issue
- More active steps per day, plus other cardio, strength and flexibility exercises
- Stay within my agreed upon alcohol intake limit…pretty easy to do
- Avoid anything else with white flour…whole grain only
With November being #DiabetesAwarenessMonth, look our for more articles.
And remember, keep moving and keep living!
In marketing, Michael executes profitable programs using inbound marketing (certified), digital content marketing development, digital/mobile strategy and production and social media marketing (some would say he is an “enthusiast”) with an emphasis on project leadership. As a marketing specialist, Michael reigns in the power of social media/blogging (content marketing), effectively identifies the target, creates key online elements, analyzes the behavior of the users through key performance indicators and adapts programs when necessary.
In either passion, Michael focuses on measurable success for the diabetic (their A1C level) and the client (profitability and KPI…key performance indicator goals).